CARDONE Industries is seeking an experienced individual to join the distribution division. This individual will have an understanding of manufacturing, project management and provide guidance through the New Product Introduction process. This position is for 2nd Shift, must be able to train on first shift for approx. 3 months, before being moved to your permanent shift. This is a non- exempt position.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Experience-1-3 Years Related Experience
- Detail Oriented and Organized
- Self-directed and Resourceful
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to think creatively & multi-task
- Math Skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to receive Power Equipment License with in 30 days
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Must be able to have difficult conversations with other employees, without being rude or disrespectful.
- Must Read & Write English
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes daily work assignments
- Updates tracking board: Productivity and Rejects
- Completes self audits
- Tracks vacation schedules
- Maintains power equipment daily checklist
- Ensures cleanliness in work areas
- Holds daily meetings
- Makes 80% of count
- Puts-away daily rejects
- PM's on equipment
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and
prepares items for shipment under the immediate supervision of the
leader in distribution.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items
of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills
of lading, invoices, orders, or truck loading schedule.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying
shipping information on cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled
- Packs, inserts items/parts into containers according to specifications.
- Nails covers on wooden crates, binds containers, products with metal
tape or shrink-wrap.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping
instructions onto crates or containers.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet customer
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials/parts and supplies using
scanners & computers.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses handtruck to move, convey, or hoist
shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Maintains safe and clean environment according to the company and
- Separates, sorts, and select daily orders according to company and
- Prepared daily orders in truck runs according to established processes
- Prepares daily orders in truck runs according to established and special
- Communicate with customer service and transportation for optium
processing of orders according to order size and or special
instructionsand due dates
- Prepare and provide daily reports according to time schedules.
Other duties as assigned
- Travel Requirements- No Travel Required
Working Environment Requirements:
Must have steel toed boots/shoes
Lifts 10-35 Pounds-Yes
Stands Majority of Day-Yes
Works Near Moving Equipment-Yes
This position is for 2nd Shift, must be able to train on first shift for approx. 3 months, before being moved to your permanent shift.