Since its beginning over 47 years ago, CARDONE has grown from six employees into the largest privately-held automotive parts remanufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, CARDONE now employs over 6,000 employees with additional facilities in California, Texas, Mexico and Canada. Our Strategic Marketing and Customer experience division is growing, we are looking for an outstanding Director-Data Scientist to join our team. This an amazing growth opportunity for someone with extensive experience in Data exploration and statistical, analytic and predictive modeling using big data to analyze and understand the drivers of the business.
Who are we?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on data exploration and statistical, analytic and predictive modeling using big data to analyze and understand the drivers of the business.
- Explore and identify unique opportunities to collect new data that will drive organizational planning and decision making.
- Design, modify and build new processes around large, complex data sets.
- Locate new and diverse data sources, analyze statistics, perform data studies, and implement quality procedures.
- Strategize new uses for existing data sources and conduct statistical modeling and experiment design.
- Discover "stories" told by the data and present findings to business managers
- Implement automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
- Generate algorithms and create computer models.
- Effectively collaborate with database engineers, analyst and business managers across various teams and departments.
- Implement new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently.
- Collaborates with the data governance team to ensure that theinformation used follows the compliance, access management, and control policies and that it meets the qualification and assurance requirements of the Institute.
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Presents and depicts the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for the business.
Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree-Yes, Masters degree preferred
- Experience-5-8 Years Related Experience
- Organizational skills, Documentation Skills, Data Mining, Data Analysis, Excellent, Communication Skills (Written & Oral), Statistical skills and Relational Data Modeling Skills
- Application Software:
- Tableau Software
- Microstrategy Software
- SPSS Software
- SAS Software
- MS Office advanced-Database Structures
- SAP Database Systems
SQL Server skills-Superior Ability
- C++ Programming
- R Programming
- MATLAB Programming
- Python Programming
- Up to 20% Travel Required
Apply today and grow with us!!!
This position is not eligible for Visa/Green Card sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
CARDONE Industries is an equal opportunity employer, offering all full-time employees a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance; vacation time; parental leave; company-paid holidays; and a 401(K) matching program.