Since its beginning over 47 years ago, CARDONE has grown from six employees into the largest privately-held automotive parts remanufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, CARDONE now employs over 6,000 employees with additional facilities in California, Texas, Mexico and Canada.
Our BI Developer will participate defining and gathering requirements for reporting, analytics, data sourcing, data repository, data analytics, dashboards and business intelligence. This position will also Investigate and evaluate improved methods, procedures, software and equipment to enhance all functional responsibilities related to business intelligence and reporting. The BI Developer is responsible for understanding and leveraging the “supply side” of all data software at CARDONE e.g. ETL, data stores (databases, datamarts, and data warehouses), and data provisioning.
- Develop knowledge of the CARDONE Data Warehouse team a thorough understanding of the design and delivery of dynamic data hubs, business intelligence solutions and analytics and reports
- Experience in design and delivery principles of data integration, information delivery, analytical products, data quality, data security and data governance.
- Responsible for development of the information solutions and databases, including analysis, design, development, and administration
- Deep architectural and technical understanding of data engineering practices both in modern data lakes and traditional data warehouse eco systems that are scalable for disparate types of data (Structured, Semi-structured and Un-structured) and different departments within a company.
- Responsible for ensuring sound operational database environment, overseeing the data integration processes, and supporting key strategic projects
- Help form new standards and processes for warehouse and BI development by maintaining enterprise data model, business definitions of data , naming conventions, approved modeling tools and database technology buy list , enterprise metadata repository, enterprise data warehouse, database health and metrics
- Work closely with other Report developers, Analysts and business stakeholders providing guidance, analysis and estimates of effort for new warehouse and analysis requirements
- Provide insight and guidance into potential selection of effective outputs
- Help guide the work of other members of the warehouse team
- Collaborate with QA and Integration staff on the data warehouse team
- Communicate and work with the Enterprise Infrastructure team to as much as possible standardize warehouse functionality and processes across on-prem data warehouses and potentially cloud environments as appropriate
- Expert SQL skills with strong analytical services (SSAS) experience including direct, hands-on experience with Microsoft data technologies, including SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, and PowerBI
- Strong background with reporting tools like SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau, or similar
- Understand various SAP modules as it relates to legacy applications anddata usage for conversion.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP HANA as well as Microsoft database and analytical solutions
- Agile work environment experience
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Relational Data Modeling Skills
- Dimensional Data Modeling Skills
- Operational Data Warehouse Design Skills
- Data Integration Skills
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Technical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Travel Requirements-Up To 20%
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree-
- 5-8 Years Related Experience